It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Automation
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:28 pm 

I am trying to automate image capture and archival by coupling the PCC with LabVIEW. I have a LabVIEW application for sending saved cine files to a networked data archive. The camera is hooked up to a TTL trigger. I want the PCC to autosave a certain portion of the image before the LabVIEW takes over and sends this to the archive. Would it be wise to use the continuous recording feature for this? Also the triggers are at least minutes apart sometimes longer and I am not sure I understand what happens when the RAM of the camera is filled.

Post subject: Re: Automation
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:28 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

You can use Continuous Recording. Continuous Recording automatically saves the cine when all the post trigger frames have been recorded. In your case, there is enough time for the program to autosave each recorded cine. Use Browse button to define the saved files' name (use character "@" followed by the number of digits for the files counting) and the range you want to save. Be careful, this range will be used for all files.

You can also define more partitions in the camera settings. The program will save the recorded partition and in the mean time it can also record the following partition. It depends on how much camera memory you need for one cine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:27 pm 

Thank you. If the camera's RAM is filled while it is waiting for the next trigger what exactly happens? Is user input required or does the camera just delete that recording and start over?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:06 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

If the cine in RAM has not yet been completely saved and meanwhile a trigger is coming, this trigger will be ignored. The recording will not be lost. You can also see when the camera is ready to do a new recording by checking the Ready signal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:42 am 

Thank you again. Can you post a LabVIEW SDK compatible with LabVIEW 8.2; I have posted this message in the LabVIEW section but I have not received a reply.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:18 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

We only have LabView SDKs for versions 7.0 and 2009. Try using the old one. You can contact support@visionresearch.com to get this version.