It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PCC 1.1 Feedback
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:33 am 

I installed PCC1.1 on Macbook Pro(Boot camp). The new look on control window is quite nice. However, a few things I would like to mention.

1) An extra window to open the histogram window is a little annoying. I adjust "gamma slider" up and down to check "bandings" and clipped white all the time. With the Legacy software, after sliding the gamma bar, as long as the window is closed without hitting "OK"button, the gamma setting remains on whatever set before.
However on PCC, the gamma slider has to be manually set back to desired setting, otherwise gamma setting is left where it was last positioned. It is very annoying in a hurry situation.

2) It is more button needed to be hit to set a parameter on Partitions.
After made partitions, you set desired parameters to cine 1, and have to go to "Camera" menu to choose "set to all cines" and hit 2 more button to set. Thats too much to me.

3) Every time after changing "FPS", the exposure value is automatically adjusted to suite the FPS. I use Phantom on film productions and I need the exposure value to be remained same at a certain value all the time (ie 180 degrees, 90 degrees, etc).
I can't find any menus to keep the FPS and exposure value not in sync. Let me know if there is a menu to do so.

4) The best function with PCC1 is that it enables us to select files to be downloaded. This is great as I sometimes want to download a certain number of files. With the Legacy, I can only download manually one by one if I have to select files.

As a conclusion, I would still use Legacy software to control the camera on set as its faster to make changes on settings and the histogram window is always on its main window without having extra window hides part of the image on screen.

Hope it will be improving to be a better software.

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: PCC 1.1 Feedback
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:01 pm 

I only started using PCC1.1 recently but only to download and view files. When shooting I use the Phantom689 camera control and PVP. One thing I like about PCC1.1, batch saving is more reliable than the previous software and a lot faster.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:41 am 

I am now using PCC1.1 to download the selected files. It is a bit annoying that it doesn't show the progress of how many files been done.
This function is still very useful compared to the legacy though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:07 am 

We do the same: legacy for capturing and PCC for selected cine files to batch download.
I'm always keeping the destination folder open and minimized, is the only way to check the download progress... :( hope VR will fix this pb in the next version.
One more thing to be aware about when batch download directly as image sequences (not raw, if you ever need it): frames are mixed from all cines and no separated folders are created for each raw... (I think I've already posted this a few weeks ago on another topic).

Diana