It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:39 am 

Hi
perhaps this has already been fixed in PCC 1.1 but i couldn't test it because I am still waiting for my Downloadlink.
(Why Do I always send a request, Why cant i get an automatic Mail when a new Version is out there?
Perhaps someone could sind me a PM with the Downloadlink??)

If I select "Download all Files from Flash"

1. The "Save full range always" checkbox should finally become default checked!
2. The Download Time isn't shown any longer as it was in the older versions
3. It isn't even shown shich file is currently downloading So you have absolutely no Idear where you are in the Process
4. An Overall Download time would be very nice
5. The Downloadspeed seems to be even slower than in the older versions. My Ethernet Connection is only buisy with 15% instead of 20% with the Phantom 675 Software.

I like the new Interface, but at the moment I prefeer working with the oldfashion Phantom Software.

regards
Uli Eidemüller

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:40 pm 

Just tested PCC 1.1, there are some improves but not exactly what we are looking for in our field (tvc productions).

1. "full range" still need to be checked, not set as default mode;
2-3. download percentage (not time) is now displayed for each cine, but do not indicate what cine number is saving;
4. no over-all download time from cinemag, but it will be really nice (as is on PCC 1.0 when you batch convert from saved)
5. yes, PCC seems to be slower (and not only for download) than the legacy interface, but ph687 and ph689 seems to have same response time as ph675 on my tests.

For the moment, we also using the legacy ph687 for capturing as I found it more stable than PCC, but I love PCC for selecting what cine files to download from cinemag and used this feature quite often.

One more thing to be aware about, with any PCC, when saving cine files from cinemag, if you want to directly convert them: any saving as image sequences (tiff, tga) is mixing the files frames... and you'll have to manually create the folders for each converted cine. PCC 1.1 is now creating a separate folder for each connected camera, but still do not create separate folders for converted cines.

Diana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:29 am 

Same here, we have yet to try using the new PCC software, still using 668 for both control and viewing. When downloading files from the cinemag, we prefer to do it one by one or file by file. It is rather tedious but this way we are sure the whole file is downloaded. We tried the "download all files" but there's always a couple of files that don't download or transfer completely.