It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:31 pm 

I've tried PCC using a 64 bit laptop with Windows 7 and have tested it with two of our cameras. One is a v12.1 with firmware version 609, kernel 16012, and FPGA 63664. It works OK. I'd prefer to have an option to do a black reference, but I can select the "automatic black reference" so that's OK. Other than that, so far PCC works fine with the v12.1.

The second camera is a v7.1 with firmware version 381, Kernel version 757 and FPGA 6758. It seems to be OK, though I haven't tested it completely yet. There is no option to do a black reference, I don't really like that.

One thing I'm curious about is that I can't find how to turn on the cross hair or a grid for boresighting our cameras on both the v7.1 and the v12.1. We often have several cameras set up several feet apart in a long line and must have them all centered on the same reference point on successive backboards. This is very hard to do without a crosshair. Is this function available? If so, where is it?

One other note; I almost gave up on testing PCC. I had a lot of difficulty installing it. First it crashed immediately. Then the program would open but not find the camera (which worked just fine with the same cables on another laptop with version 668). Then it wouldn't load at all. The fourth try worked, luckily, or I would have probably quit trying at that point.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:52 pm 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

Hi Plage1,

I'm sorry you had such difficulties getting PCC installed, but glad to hear it is up and running now.

Re: Cross-hair & Grid feature
These features are still available in PCC, just found in a different location. I've confirmed this on PCC version 1.3 and above.

Both features can now be found in the 'Image Processing' menu. You can access this menu by clicking on the painter's palette icon along the top menu strip. Within 'Image Processing', ensure the 'Geometry and Overlays' sub menu is expanded and you should see check boxes for both features.

Hope this helps.

Tech Support Hotline: 973-692-4003 | F: 973.696.0560
100 Dey Rd | Wayne, NJ 07470 | http://www.visionresearch.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:02 pm 

Thank you! That does help. I thought that was post-image processing and didn't look there.

I will keep testing cameras and leave feedback on what I find.

Appreciatively,

Diane