It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:50 pm 

Hello guys, I am working on a V310 camera and PCC 1.3 software on winXP OS. I am wondering if there is any way to: 1) allow me to select any region-of-interest and save the regional information in cine file? 2) allow me to do binning in order to reduce the cine file size?

For 1), The crop operation in image tools seems a good choice. However, it did not reduce the size of cine file. For example, if I choose a 800x600 resolution, and crop a sub-region with the size of 250x180, and then record and save. The cine file size is the same as 800x600 full image. I did notice that if you convert the cine to tiff or other image format, I could get the 250x180 sub-region picture. My main purpose is to reduce the cine file size and to reduce the time to save cine files. So, is there any way I can define any region-of-interest, and save only information in that region?

For 2), For the same purpose to reduce cine file size, I would also like to apply binning or "re-sample" in PCC 1.3 software, since I do not care about physical resolution very much. I suffered from the same problem when I tried re-sample function. The cine file size did not change even if I choose a re-sample command.

It seems like that the cine file directly saved all the information in 800x600 window, regardless the crop or re-sample settings. Is this real or did I make some mistakes to use this PCC 1.3?

Thank you very much,

Wei

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:30 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

You made no mistake. Indeed, the cine raw has the same size no matter it contains a crop or re-sample or not. The crop and re-sample information are just meta-data. Only the interpolated formats (other than raw) contain just the cropped images.

These options are rather new in our application. We will develop them in a future version and your requirements are welcome.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:09 pm 

Thanks for the reply.

So, I am wondering if there is any way I can capture a region-of-interest which is not located in the center of the view. For instance, when I choose a 800x600 resolution, I am only interested in a small region in the upper-left corner, with a size of about 128x128. If I decrease resolution to be 128x128, I can only get a picture located in the center by default, which I do not want. So, can I move the view to the upper-left, and only record and save the picture in that region? I really care about .cine file size very much.

I am pretty sure that's doable, because we did that with one of your engineers when we experienced V310 camera last year. Would you please share me with some clues?

Thanks,

Wei

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:07 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

Can you remember who did this lets say "image center relocation"? I do not have any idea how this can be done. As far as I know the only solution to this case is to crop the area of interest and to save the cine into an interpolated format.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:14 pm 

The sales representititve's name is Mr. Larry Vladic. I remembered that he made several phone calls to some engineers, and finally resolved this problem under the phone instructions. Btw, that day was Dec-15-2010.

Thanks,

Wei