It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PCC 1.3 Feed back
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:23 am 

I tried new PCC1.3 on Window 7 installed DELL. I was quite happy that Vision Research did the homework and made it better than old version of PCC.

The frame rate and exposure are now independent. Until PCC1.2, every time when the frame rate changed, exposure setting automatically adjusted to suite the new frame rate but wasn't need to do that for "film Production work".

The sliding bar for selecting the trigger point is nicer look than the previous version.

I have been liking to use "Legacy" software but now, I don't mind using PCC control. As a matter of fact, Pcc 1.3 package doesn't include "Legacy" software anymore.

Post subject: Re: PCC 1.3 Feed back
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:26 pm 

All previous legacy versions had an option that none of PCC is having: "show format rectangles" (in main preview window, under Options button).

As PCC 1.3 do not have any legacy version attached now, there is no way to use this option anymore... and many directors asking to capture a high resolution format but want to check a preview reference framing for a lower format (giving them an idea on zooming-in or tracking in post, or using 16:9 for tv and 1.85 for cinema, etc).

That legacy option was brilliant each time when any old-school guy was ready to stick gaffer tape allover expensive LCD screens...

The new Re-sample option in Image Processing is a very nice idea, but not for requests like the one mentioned above, and "crop" is not good for these situations ether...

Any chance to have that "show format ..." preview option in PCC also?

Thx, Diana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:17 pm 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

Hi Diana,

Thanks for the enhancement request for PCC .. I think I have given similar feedback, but maybe not exactly for the same reason. I was asking for a couple of pre-defined rectangles and a 'center' button to add to the 'crop' interface. I think we can work with those tools in addition to some new terminology on there in order to re-create the format rectangles and have it make sense for multiple functions.

Regardless we will take this request into account for a future release of PCC. Thanks!

--Toni

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:39 am 

Thank you Toni!

One more thing:

in all the previous legacy versions/interface, conversions to mov were locked as NTSC (30fps) but, using the capture interface (not the viewer) we were able (when PAL framerate needed) to trick this issue by changing the video-out setting from its default NTSC into a "fake" PAL.

In PCC 1.3 (with no legacy attached) I couldn't find any way to change the NTSC default setting because now the video-out option is located on pvp windows only, and that settings button is disabled when camera is not linked (simulating a camera also doesn't help).

Is there any route/trick on PCC to allow the user to unlock the NTSC framerate when mov conversions need to be at 24 or 25 fps?

Thx a lot, Diana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:21 pm 

We are having serious performance issues with PCC 1.3 and Windows 7 x64 edition. Core i7 CPU with 6GB of RAM.

The application is very un-responsive. Mouse clicks and keyboard presses take a second or more to register.

4 attached Miro 3 cameras running through a junction box and 2 other Miro 3 just running through a network switch. Network utilization on the computer's NIC at about 25% when watching cameras in live view.

The legacy software runs smoothly but supposedly does not support Windows 7.

Our cameras are a combination of firmware 670, 635, 569, and 502. I understand that the suggested firmware for the cameras is 670 or above but would be surprised if that affects the responsiveness of the software.

Thank you
Patrick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:34 am 

Adding to Diana's PAL suggestion, it would be great to just have a system wide option for PAL or NTSC in the preferences menu.

That way, default playback speed, default conversion frame rate and the "Low Light" option would always start at 25fps.

Being in the UK we never ever do anything at 30fps, and due to the fact that our electricty is 50hz, low light at 30fps is distractingly flickery!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:06 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

The new PCC 705 Beta release has a 30/25 fps option in Save->Advanced Options for .mov convertion.