It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Canon EOS Mount?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:06 am 

I read in the description of the new PCC Software:

...Additionally, PCC gives users the ability to activate several new camera features, such as Image Based Auto-Trigger and the ability for users to remotely control the focus and aperture of Canon EOS lenses. Remotely controlling focus and aperture requires the use of Vision Research’s new Canon EOS lens mount and is an extremely useful feature, especially when manual operation is not feasible due to camera positioning, mounting, ...

Where can I find more Information about this mount?

Post subject: Re: Canon EOS Mount?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:26 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

It appears we have neglected to add info to the web site. That will be remedied soon. Sorry.

In a nutshell, there is a new lens mount available for our "newer" v-Series cameras (v12.1, v210, v310, v710, v640) as well as our older v-Series cameras (v5.2, v7.3, v9.1, v10) that allows you to use electronic Canon EOS lenses instead of the manual Nikon F-mount lenses that we have historically supported (in the 35mm format). By using these lenses you can adjust aperture and focus from the software or the RCU without the need to be "at the camera" and make the adjustments manually.

(The EOS mount for the "older" cameras requires you have the External Mechanical Shutter mechanism installed.)

Let me know if you want a sales rep to contact you about pricing and availability.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:28 am 

Thanks for the info!
An EOS mount for the PhantomHD would be a nice tool :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:55 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

Unfortunately, there is not an EOS mount for the HD. However, the newly introduced FLEX camera does have an optional EOS mount.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:27 pm 

Will this mount be shipping with new orders if requested? And is it a stand alone mount direct to the camera or is it an attachment to the already existing mount. And the cost? How much if they don't come with? We have 2 cameras on order and 2 more to put in orders. We would like Canon mounts but info is sketchy. Fill me in. We're getting v.9 and v10's.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:25 pm 

This cant be that big of a stumper. How much do they cost? And will it add more length to the overall camera? We use cases to enclose the camera and it may not fit. Someone?

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:02 pm 

Ok stay mum about the price, I understand but the length of the camera. Does the Canon mount attach to the camera or the existing mount?

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:13 pm 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

Sorry, I've been traveling. Yes, this can be ordered on new v-Series and Flex cameras. The price is $2450 is ordered with a new camera.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:23 am 

Could anyone point me in the direction for documentation on the Canon EOS mount? I purchased one a while back, but it didn't come with any documentation or installation instructions. I found information about installing the C-Mount adapter in the Phantom Help files, but nothing on the Canon mount. I have a V12.1 and hoping to try out the Canon 65mm 5x macro lens on it.

Thanks,

-Dave