It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:54 pm 

Is there a procedure for running multiple HD cameras, from a single laptop running 663. If so, in what manual does it appear and can I get a copy? Thanks !

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:19 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

Sure it's easy. Connect the laptop to a hub or switch, and then connect the cameras to the hub or switch.

Here is a link and instructions to download the 663 manual:

1. Go to https://xfer.visionresearch.com

User: support
Password: vritechsupport

2. Click on the SUPPORT directory

3. Look for and select 663_Phantom_Help_PrintVersion.pdf

Mike

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:58 am 

Can we trigger different cameras from the same laptop.. ?

We will be using a HD and a V12 For a demonstration with Discovery Channel and this could be a nice option to show.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 3:21 am 

Sorry, Mike, I wasn't specific enough. What I meant was, do I have the ability to control both cameras, settings and all, from one laptop and one control screen... basically designating my camera pool, frame syncing the two cameras, and running them as a "paired entity" where I enter all image gathering settings once and I can be confident that both cameras are shooting with the same settings and staying in frame sync. Until I get my hands on the two cameras I won't be able to hook them up and see if I've overlooked something simple but in the past I haven't been able to do this with older cameras and software or with one HD and one older camera while running 663.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:44 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

Gents,

Yes you can trigger two cameras from one laptop. They both have to be synced together or the images will not be taken at the same time. The main issue when triggering sync'd camera's is that you can't use the TRIGGER button in the software, this is called a soft trigger. You have to use what we call a hard trigger. A hard trigger is done by providing a signal to the TRIGGER pin on the capture cable. The voltage of the TRIGGER pin is normally +5 VDC. You can either short the pin so the voltage changes from +5 VDC to 0 VDC or supply an external voltage to the pin that goes from +5 VDC to 0 VDC. All triggers pins must be connected to the same trigger source.

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:19 pm 

Hi Mike,

I have two V10 cameras setup as master and slave then I use PCC v1.2 to trigger both cameras however I have two problems:

1. first camera has 4 sec and second camera has 20 sec recording time and when I tried to change the memory percentage on 2nd to match the 1st, PCC still showed the same 20 sec recording time and single sine and also 2nd camera started showing severe jitters in the images captured and had to revert back to original setting to clear this issue. Also, 1st camera is able to record up to 1900 fps at 1280x720 but 2nd one only goes up to 1000 fps at same aspect ratio.

2. I continue recording both cameras with PCC as explained above however I'm not able to use PCC to playback images and have proper SDI video output when I change settings using Camera Options. Both cameras output as NTSC instead of 720p when I use Camera Options inside Phantom 692 and I have to use Video Output Control's video settings to get the proper output from both cameras but then I can't control both camera's at the same time and need to find a way to playback both cameras in-sync.

Both cameras have same HW v1.0, FW v655, FPGA 343058, Kernel 16012.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:34 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

One of your two v10 cameras is probably in Enhanced mode. That's why it behaves differently. Check in Phantom legacy application Help about. You can load the standard .stg file to make it standard.