It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:02 pm 

Sorry if I have this listed in the wrong forum. If it is mislisted, feel free to move it to the appropriate location.

I'm using a V210e through the PCC 1.2 application that came bundled with the device. I have no problems capturing and exporting video to my PC via the camera's ethernet connection. However, I seem to be having issues with the time stamp flickering on output videos.

To be specific, I record using the camera, select "Save Cine To File..." then click on "Border Data" from the dialog appears and select the "Time Stamp" option from the Inside Image group box. Once the video is saved (in uncompressed or compressed avi, I have the problem in both cases) to my PC, I can open it in any video player (VLC, WMP, etc.) and the video is fine except for the time stamp that has placed within the video frame. It flickers to a point that it is unreadable while the video is playing.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? Am I doing something wrong? I seem to have this issue regardless of the resolution or frame rate at which I am capturing the video.

Note that, however, I get no flickering of any of the options that are within the "Common Options" group box when I output those with the video.

Also, does anyone know if the time stamp is encoded with the output video's metadata when it is output to .avi format?

Thanks!

-EH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:11 pm 

How to extract the time stamp information from a cine file in MatLab?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:06 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

You should use Phantom SDK and MatlabSDK. You have a demo on how to use cine objects. The cine class encapsulates the cinehandle.
See also Phantom SDK Reference Manual.pdf and PhDemo Developer Guide.pdf. You should also familiarize with callib Matlab function.
You need a function wrapper for PhGetCineAuxData with calllib (there is an example for PhGetCineInfo already done in MatlabSDK):
Code:
function [ HRES ] = PhGetCineAuxData( CH, ImageNumber, SelectionCode, DataSize, pData)
% pData is a libpointer to the desired information
[HRES, dummyAll] = calllib('phfile','PhGetCineAuxData', CH, ImageNumber, SelectionCode, DataSize, pData);
OutputError(HRES);
end

You should then call PhGetCineAuxData with:
Code:
SelectionCode = PhConConst.GAD_TIME;
val = libstruct('tagTIME64');
pData = libpointer('tagTIME64', val);
DataSize = uint32(8);%size of TIME64 is 8 bytes

Another useful function is PhPrintTime.

Best regards,
Adrian