It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:24 pm 

Hi there,

I've been trying to assemble an automatic system to recording lightning flashes with some Phantom v9.1 cameras. However I'm facing some dificulties with the software that came along with the cameras (Phantom 675.2).

My plan is to just push the power button and then windows will launch, then, the software will launch and the recording process will start automatic and the whole system will be ready to start capturing the lightning videos.

The problems are that I cannot automatic start the program in "Acquisition/Setup and Recording/Continuous Recording" option, and I cannot also set up the cine files path/options automatic either.

I know that some programs can run in command line with some options (-v -S, etc) that allow the program to do something without the need for the user to manually input those commands. My question is if there is any way to manage the Phantom software to do those things automatic, or if you have any other option to this problem.

I also have another problem when I use a smaller video size settings, in the ending of the saving process, there is a Warning message that only says that I saved a smaller portion of the video instead of the whole video. I would like also to remove that message, because it needs the presence of a user to press Enter key to continue the recording process...

Thanks in advange for any help.

Cheers,
Antonio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:41 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

You can add /a in the Phantom command line to start automatically in Continuous recording.

Avoid clipping to skip the messages.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:07 pm 

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the answer, it did work, however I still need to input the file name manually, is there any way to automatic input a file name in the command line? I think that the information about keywords like /a is very usefull, where can I found more about this subject?

And by "Avoid clipping" what do you mean? I need the possibility of reducing the file size in order to speed up the file transfer process...

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:32 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

I'm sure it was documented 10-15 years ago but probably it was forgotten meanwhile because of the lack of interest from the customers.

The file name was stored in the stg to be used in the new session
but after some changes during the years it is not updated anymore. We stopped the development of the legacy application and work now at the Pcc. Please check if Pcc1.3.697 can help you with this automation. You do not have to add /a for the Pcc.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:00 pm 

Hi Peter,

I recently installed the new PCC software and was unable to start the continuous recording feature automatically. Is there a way to pre configure the PCC software? I would like to set the camera to continuous recording and the file name prior the initialization of the program.

Thanks in advance
Antonio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:59 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

If you enable the Continuous Recording in Pcc from the checkbox it will remain enabled when the application terminate abnormally (like from power down). After the automatic restart, the CR will remain enabled and the settings including the file name remain persistent.

If you terminate the application manually (Alt F4 or Close button)
the CR mode will be disabled.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:43 pm 

I'll check for that, but even with the camera without recording, terminating the program abnormally can cause any harm to the camera and/or the overall system?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:40 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

No.

And if the power fails for both there is not too much to do or to expect, except the recordings already saved on hard disk.

Also power cycle can be used as a way to restart the systems if something get locked.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 5:19 am 

Thanks for the answer, it did work, however I still need to input the file name manually, is there any way to automatic input a file name in the command line? I think that the information about keywords like /a is very usefull, where can I found more about this subject???

Amazing Pictures Amazing Pictures
Amazing Photos Amazing Photos

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:21 am 
VRI Employee
VRI Employee

Do you mean it worked in Phantom675 or in Pcc? What version? Is the file name set in Continuous Recording not persistent? Please send more details.

Peter