Thank you for showing interest in employment at Vision Research. If you would like to learn more about our employment opportunities and make an application, please take these steps:
1. Click here (this will take you to the AMETEK Job Search site)
2. In the Select Location(s) box, select the location: Wayne, NJ. This will take you to a page where all open Vision Research jobs are listed.
3. Click on the job you are interested in. You will be taken to a page where you can read the job description.
4. If you are considering multiple jobs with Vision Research or AMETEK, you can put this job in your Job Cart for later consideration.
5. Or, if you want to apply for this specific job, click on Apply Now.
6. You will now need to complete an application process. You should have a cover letter and resume prepared before you start this process, as you will be asked to upload them. The files can be .doc, .docx, .txt or .rtf.
Again, we thank you for your interest in Vision Research.
Division Vice President of Marketing and Business Development
Vision Research (VRI) is a Business Unit in the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc. VRI manufactures industry leading high-speed digital cameras. Our customers are primarily industrial, academia, defense and government research facilities. VRI has received awards for technical contributions to the industry. To learn more about VRI, Phantom cameras and to get a good idea of the type of images we can collect please go to www.visionresearch.com.
AMETEK is a New York Stock Exchange-listed company (ticker symbol: AME) and a recent addition to the S&P 500. We strive to recognize, appreciate, and value diversity within our corporate culture. AMETEK provides a competitive total compensation package, full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, and 401(k) with company match. We have a casual work environment. AMETEK is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
General Job Description:
The successful Division Vice President of Marketing and Business Development candidate will be an experienced marketing leader with broad marketing experience of technical products into industrial markets. He or she will be responsible for all marketing and business development activities of VRI. This includes leading the marketing team, contributing to the product line strategy, pricing, market communication, forecasting, sales training, trade shows and insuring marketing delivers their product life-cycle requirements. Mentoring, coaching and supervisory responsibility for the Marketing Team is an important aspect of the role.
VRI sells technologically advanced cameras to leading research institutes and industrial companies worldwide. The successful candidate will require technical acumen to understand customer requirements, markets and products.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead business development activities that result in expansion to new markets • Market analysis of adjacencies for business expansion and diversification • Contribute to VRI strategy formulation • Collaborate with R&D to define new products based on customer inputs and market research in support of VRI strategy • Propose new product structure and pricing • Develop sales force training & manage launch activities • Manage existing products’ messages, structures and pricing over time • Manage VRI’s web presence & initiatives • Manage product discontinuance and end-of-life strategy • Maintain a rolling 12 month camera sales forecast • 3rd Party Relationship Management. This can include strategic marketing partnerships, collaborations with key players in a target market segment, running a 3rd party solution program, etc. • Tactical management of a key internal process. • Competitive analysis. Gathering information about competitors’ products and strategies and translating that into actionable insights for R&D, Marketing and the Sales Team. • Prepare and deliver executive presentations to audiences including Ametek’s Executive Officers
• Undergraduate degree in engineering or other technical degree; MBA desired • 5-7 years of experience as a marketing manager in a technology-oriented organization • Exceptional experience managing, developing, and leading teams • Understanding of marketing processes and activities such as market research, pricing, marketing communications, competitive analysis • Business development experience • Exposure or direct experience with M&A activities • Strong technical skills and experience with high-tech products, any relevant camera experience would be a plus • History of strategy development and execution skills leading to exceptional business results • Program/project management skills and experience • Excellent written and verbal executive communication skills • Profit and loss experience highly desirable • Available for domestic and international travel up to 25%
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.