Thank you for showing interest in employment at Vision Research. If you would like to learn more about our employment opportunities and make an application, please take these steps:
1. Click here (this will take you to the AMETEK Job Search site)
2. In the Select Location(s) box, select the location: Wayne, NJ. This will take you to a page where all open Vision Research jobs are listed.
3. Click on the job you are interested in. You will be taken to a page where you can read the job description.
4. If you are considering multiple jobs with Vision Research or AMETEK, you can put this job in your Job Cart for later consideration.
5. Or, if you want to apply for this specific job, click on Apply Now.
6. You will now need to complete an application process. You should have a cover letter and resume prepared before you start this process, as you will be asked to upload them. The files can be .doc, .docx, .txt or .rtf.
Again, we thank you for your interest in Vision Research.
Manufacturing Engineer, Manager - Job ID #: 4752
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager provides leadership and direction to the Manufacturing Engineering Team. This is a small team so you will be expected to be both the manager and an individual contributor. In this role, you will develop processes which cross manufacturing department boundaries. You will be the primary interface between Design Engineering and Manufacturing both during the release of new and the support of existing products. You will be responsible for the overall quality, yield and throughput of our SMT PCB soldering process in addition to your camera manufacturing responsibilities. This position reports directly to the Director of Operations.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manages the small manufacturing engineering team • Uses process improvement techniques to improve process flow & product quality • Works closely with the Quality, Engineering and Service Departments on improving quality • Ensures that our internal PCB SMT Soldering Line produces quality PCB assemblies • Works with vendors on new part qualification • Initiates capital expenditures requests and justifications • Participates in planning of factory floor layouts to optimize material flow, to create manufacturing cells, and to reduce the cost of manufacturing • Assures product quality by designing appropriate testing methods and process capabilities • Participates from the manufacturing viewpoint in the development of new and innovative products to insure they meet cost, quality, reliability, and producibility goals • Searches out expertise from other sources such as technical professionals in other companies or universities as needed • Develops project plans and design of experiments • Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Discipline • Demonstrated track record of accomplishments in an electronics manufacturing environment • Minimum of 8 years experience in an electronics manufacturing environment • 3+ years managing others • Operational knowledge of surface mount soldering processes • Knowledge of process improvement techniques, such as Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma • Experience leading continuous improvement initiatives • Demonstrates strong time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects • Strong background with SMT lines a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.