Career Opportunities at Vision Research
Thank you for showing interest in employment at Vision Research. If you would like to learn more about our employment opportunities and make an application, please take these steps:
1. Click here (this will take you to the AMETEK Job Search site)
2. In the Select Location(s) box, select the location: Wayne, NJ. This will take you to a page where all open Vision Research jobs are listed.
3. Click on the job you are interested in. You will be taken to a page where you can read the job description.
4. If you are considering multiple jobs with Vision Research or AMETEK, you can put this job in your Job Cart for later consideration.
5. Or, if you want to apply for this specific job, click on Apply Now.
6. You will now need to complete an application process. You should have a cover letter and resume prepared before you start this process, as you will be asked to upload them. The files can be .doc, .docx, .txt or .rtf.
Again, we thank you for your interest in Vision Research.
EMEA Application Engineer, Based in Germany, exact location TBD
THE COMPANY: Vision Research – Ametek
We are an American High tech firm part of a large publicly quoted company, designing and manufacturing high speed imaging products. Our market covers a very wide range of different fields from defense, R&D labs, industry to media and sports broadcasting.
We are very well established in Europe and growing fast. We are looking for an Application Engineer for our EMEA region (covering Europe, Middle East, Africa, India and Russia) to support our direct and indirect sales channels.
• Support our direct sales team and indirect sales channels (distributors) within the EMEA region (covering Europe, Middle East, Africa, India and Russia) to help the development of sales and contribute to a positive pre-sales and after-sales experience for prospects and existing customers alike. This is NOT a technical support position and the EMEA Application Engineer will be requested to collaborate efficiently with the EMEA and HQ technical support team while respecting our technical support procedures.
• Provide technical advice regarding the use of our high speed cameras and their integration in the customers’ systems, experiments and test setups to help our sales team, our channel-partners/distributors as well as customers understand why our products are the best fit for their needs. This includes on-site demonstrations, customer visits and trainings, as well as tradeshow activities.
• Think out of the box and imagine / design new technical solutions to customer cases and technical situations, using our products along with existing and new 3rd party products.
• Gather information regarding the variety of situations where our high speed cameras are used, in order to continuously build application engineering expertise. This knowledge will be used in sales activities to capitalize on existing customer references as well as internally to provide input data for business development activities. This includes pre- and after-sales customer visits, technology watch, attending and speaking at technical conferences and seminars.
• Provide reporting regarding application engineering activities, technical market trends and customer feedback.
• Contribute to marketing activities by providing technical material to our factory Marketing department (application notes, success stories, sample videos, etc…) to help build the Phantom brand.
- Capacity to learn fast and build / maintain expertise based on very diverse field activities.
- Excellent teaching / training skills, to be able to “popularize” high speed imaging for people not familiar with this technology.\
- Capacity to be autonomous, think out of the box and be creative when facing difficult or unusual situations.
- The role involves significant travel in Europe.
- Eligibility to visa / travel authorizations to the USA, India, Russia and Israel is required.
- Excellent customer relation skills and good team player.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills is a must.
- German language is a must.
- Technical knowledge of digital imaging, camera technology, optical systems is required.
- Existing knowledge of high speed imaging systems desirable.